- 250 to 300 square foot apartments
- Mid-rise to high-rise urban infill building
- Anywhere in city
- Minimize parking, fewest allowable per planning code.
- Hybrid between dorm room and loft.
- Rent or sell: below $1000/month or below $200,000 purchase.
- Smart design; clever, modern, hip, fashionable.
- Each to have a very large window.
- Each w/ a plasma screen flat tv monitor.
- Sleeping mezzanines if ht allows.
- 24-hour concierge.
- City-share car rental…building leases out a few cars to residents on a sign-up basis.
- Common area (living room) for micro cinema events
- Live feed to tv cable that is a roof camera so all apts have a great view.
- Design so future expansion is possible; left, right, up, down into adjacent unit.
- Think European urban apts, or Asian urban apts.
- The apartment equivalent of the ‘smart car’
- How would Ikea design and deliver an apartment?
- Will bring together similar types of “urbanites” who will create a sense of community that is positive for the building and attractive to others…will act as a draw…building as a desired destination based on its reputation.
- A partial answer to the high costs of urban dwelling.
- Lease to own?
- Affordable housing without the word ‘affordable’…call it economic housing.
- Worker housing.
- In-law studio apartments all over the city.
- Cities all over the world, except US.
- London..the microflat company.